Moveware, the Company, was formed by brothers Dean and Tony Kent in 2001 when they purchased the rights to Removals 2000 from Fitzpatrick Computing. With their strong industry knowledge and experience, they saw and seized the possibility of enhancing the small Australian user base of the product. Moveware soon began to see a consistent growth of clients within Australia, and initiated the challenging task of pushing the product into the global market. Our first overseas client was in NZ, where we signed Conroy Removals and the Moving Company, and soon after, clients in the UK and Singapore followed. The Moveware staff numbers began to steadily increase as we pushed further into the world market by signing numerous clients in the UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Spain and South Africa.
In mid-2007, Moveware opened an office in Bournemouth in the United Kingdom, and proceeded to gain some of the premier UK moving and storage companies as clients. In 2011, the office was moved to London, where the company’s growth significantly increased within the region, with Moveware as the software supplier for several major European companies.
In 2012, Moveware opened a third office in Toronto, Canada to offer better support to our North American clientele, which quickly expanded to also include companies from Central and South America.
In 2014, Moveware opened its fourth office in Bangkok, Thailand as our own internal support office to expand on our around the clock support coverage and capabilities.
Owners Dean and Tony, both continue to be full-time participants in the business, and have recently purchased a new facility to accommodate the ever-expanding Australian Operation.
The company is enormously proud of its staff involvement in the company's achievements and several of our key staff who have been with us through much of the journey and play an important role in its success.
- Mid 80’s - CB Systems employed to develop Kent Operating System
- Mid 90’s - Around 15 Companies using previous system
- 1999 - Agreement to redevelop in a Windows Environment
- 2001 - Rights to Removals 2000 bought by Dean and Tony Kent and Moveware formed
- 2002 - Moveware installed in by first NZ client companies
- 2003 - Moveware joins HHGFA and attends first conference in San Diego
- 2003 - First UK clients install Moveware
- 2003 - Moveware expands into Asia
- 2004 - Further international clients installed in the UK, Canada, Hong Kong and Spain
- 2005 - Completed Redevelopment of Moveware Accounting Module
- 2006 - Moveware sold to first South African client
- 2007 - Moveware UK office opened in Bournemouth
- 2008 - MoveSurvey released for Tablet PCs
- 2009 - B2B Web Products released
- 2010 - First relocation clients implement Moveware
- 2010 - Moveware signs the largest commercial mover in the UK
- 2010 - Moveware installed by first dedicated baggage-carrier company
- 2011 - MoveDSP is released
- 2011 - First logistics client implements Moveware
- 2011 - Moveware installed by first Van Line Agent company
- 2012 - European office moved from Bournemouth up to London
- 2012 - North American office opens
- 2012 - Moveware signs its first dedicated fine-arts shipper client
- 2013 - First Latin American client signs with Moveware
- 2013 - Moveware sold to first client to use Asset Management
- 2014 - Moveware opens its first support-only office in Bangkok, Thailand
- 2015 - Moveware emphasizes its presence in the Latin American region by joining LACMA
- 2016 - Moveware’s first North African client goes live with the program
- 2016 - Moveware’s first dedicated relocation company goes live with the program
- 2016 - Moveware upgrades to Moveware 8, which offers improved system performance and exciting new capabilities